Hello, I am Darlene McKinney, owner of LadyPA Virtual Services LLC. What’s my title? Good question! Business Consultant, VA (Virtual Assistant), PA (Personal Assistant), BA (Business Assistant), Online Specialist, Motivator, and Mentor. Pick one! Not to mention mother, wife, sister, daughter, friend, lake person, classic rock & country music fan, and dog lover. Oh, and my love for food is a little over the top:)
Where I come from!
I grew up in a small town outside of beautiful Oxford, Ohio. Home to Miami University, one of the most beautiful college campuses I have ever seen. My father is a farmer and an entrepreneur. So, helping him operate his bar/restaurant and farm business was definitely a huge learning experience for me. It gave me invaluable customer service experience and should be how to be a successful business owner. Thanks Dad!
Since then I have held two long-term positions while working in the job force. My first was as a McDonald’s manager. This job gave me computer, money & bookkeeping experience, extensive customer service, and much more. I stayed with this awesome company for about 15 years’.
My Career Change
However, I switched gears and entered the medical field. I was hired as an Outpatient Scheduler for a local hospital. I worked closely with hospital staff, physicians, and patients to prepare and schedule patients for tests and procedures.
As a result, I completed an 8-week Medical Terminology course, CPR, and Patient Voice classes. This job gave me extensive medical, computer programming, and patient care experience. I held this position for 13 years’. I also graduated with honors in 2012 from Career Steps Medical Transcription School.
Most noteworthy, I trained and helped to implement 7 scheduling computer systems.
My ‘aha’ Moment!
While working at a hospital full-time and helping my husband operate our family construction business, I stayed busy. My responsibilities were marketing and bookkeeping.
I grew tired! I just knew that there was something better out there for me. I had this strong desire to work from home. This is where I wanted to be and leave working for someones else behind me.
Finally, I had my ‘aha’ moment. I knew my skills were valuable and would be valuable to another business owner. I decided to start my own online business.
Because of my journey, it’s important for me to be that inspiration and mentor to other women in the world that want to do the same! You can do this!
How did I Become A Business Consultant?
I was working full time and studied how to build an online business. I invested a little bit of money in courses and education to help me succeed with my goals.
Consequently, I studied WordPress and built my own website. I created and began building my virtual assistant business online presence. Now I assist clients build and update their websites!
I made it happen with hard work and the total support of my husband (who is my high school sweetheart and love of my life). Due to my business experience and education I have become a successful Business Consultant.
I am a Business Consultant that can help your business in more ways than 1!
- Certification in top Social Networks
- Social Media Marketing experience in products and services
- Trained Customer Service Expert/Relationship Marketing
- Establish Entrepreneur of 2 businesses
- Business administration, restaurant management, hospital/medical administration background
- Medical terminology, and healthy lifestyle specialist
- Excellent multi-tasker
- WordPress, Weebly, SqaureSpace, Blogger advanced skills
- Advanced Computer & technology skills
- Enjoys teaming up with Medical Professionals, Restaurant owners, Health Consultants, Health Coaches, Health Distributors, Fitness Coaches, Nutrition Experts, and other small business owners.
- Google Docs
- Google Calendar
- Mircosoft OneNote
- Microsoft Publisher
- Microsoft Word
- and more
How I Work
Communication and listening! In addition, we will discuss your goals and we will work together to reach them. Addressing you needs, making suggestions, and going above and beyond your expectations.
The ethics I have always lived by are hard work, dedication, integrity, honesty, and compassion. Those qualities make me who I am.
COMMUNICATION is the KEY to any job, partnership, or relationship.
Little Facts About Me – Business Consultant from Ohio
1. Married my high school sweetheart, 27 years’ now.
2. I have 2 amazing sons.
3. Building long-lasting relationships with customers and patients has been a HUGE part of my life. I just enjoy people. Making a positive difference in their lives makes me feel good.
4. To relax I love to listen to Country or Classic Rock music and fishing at the lake.
5. I share my home office with my puggle Maggie and 2 German Shepherds Ozzy and Sheba.
6. Love to swim, to laugh, taking walks in the woods, and enjoy cooking.
7. And I love helping Entrepreneurs, it’s a passion.
View My Portfolio
Darlene is an absolute delight to work with. She is thorough, creative and knowledgeable in the world of social media. From inception to present, her small business consulting skills have helped grow the online presence of Grit+Grace FitLife. Darlene puts her heart into every aspect of my business providing feedback and ideas that are out of the box. I love how flexible she is in her role, yet confident and disciplined. She never stops learning which ultimately means my business will always be growing. If you are looking to take your business to the next level online, Darlene is just the right person.
~Beth Januzzi Underhill
Bella Forza Fitness, LLC
LadyPA Virtual Services offers pertinent and thorough services to her clients. I’ve utilized her social media management for months and Darlene goes above and beyond to ensure my needs are met. Darlene adapts to clients’ needs and is always reasonable with time and cost. For a fantastic experience with a virtual assistant, look no further!
~Beth Taylor, It Works Global Presidential Diamond Executive
Body Wraps. Premium Supplements. Botanical Skincare. Physical Health. Financial Freedom. www.okgethealthy.com 918-232-7593
I have known and worked with Darlene in the medical field for several years. She is always courteous and professional and a joy to work with. She is very detail oriented and the best multi-tasker I have ever seen. I highly recommend her services.
Karen J. Miller
Registration Systems Supervisor
McCullough-Hyde Memorial Hospital
110 N. Poplar Street
Darlene McKinney of LadyPA Services is a phenomenal mentor. She helped me with focusing on services that I would enjoy doing for clients, a professional business name and all of the key steps for getting my business registered with my state. In short, she helps you to manifest your business. It goes beyond your mind, to actually becoming real, right before your eyes. If you need guidance that is relevant, beneficial and timely, consider Darlene McKinney as your go to business coach and mentor.
~Kristen Hester, Atlanta, GA
If you are looking for quality customer service, honesty and sincere attention to detail then you have the right person for the job I have worked with Mrs. McKinney scheduling for our business for years and found her work to be very friendly and consistent.
~K. Marsha Reisert
Indiana Funeral Director
Darlene Is a true professional. She is organized, timely and extremely efficient. I have worked with her in the medical field for over 10 years and have been extremely impressed with her professionalism and ability to handle any task. I highly recommend her services for any of your medical profession needs.
Lisa Swanson, Med, RD, LD, CDE
McCullough-Hyde Memorial Hospital
Darlene helped me navigate the wild world of social media, patiently explaining the different platforms and how to interact between them. I’m truly grateful for her professional advice and have seen my platforms grow exponentially after working with her.
– New York Times Bestselling author Rebecca Zanetti
“ Darlene was a pleasure to work with. She is knowledgeable, very responsive to questions asked and willing to help get things just right.”
David Anderson, Director
Preble County EMA
Certifications & Courses / Education
It is important to me as a Personal Business Assistant to continue my education so I can learn new skills and stay up-to-date on social networks. This will benefit any client that uses my Small Business Services.
I look forward to learning new things and I love a challenge! New courses will be added when completed.
- Facebook 101 Certificate Of Expertise
- Facebook 102 Certificate Of Expertise
- Facebook 103 Certificate Of Expertise
- LinkedIn 101 Certificate Of Expertise
- SEO 101 Certificate Of Expertise
- Social Media Strategy Certificate Of Expertise
- WordPress 101 Certificate Of Expertise
- Completion of Patient’s Voice Skills Clinics 2011
Career Steps Graduate with Honors
Medical Transcription School 2012
- 8 week Medical Terminology Course
- WordPress Basics Completed 2013
- WordPress Intermediate Completed 2013
- Social Media for Virtual Assistants Completed 2013
- Email Marketing Tools 101 Completed 2013
- Course Completion Plus Method-Google Plus
- Completion of Pinterest Advantage Course 2013
- Completion Of Jump Start Your Facebook Marketing with Amy Porterfield 2015
- Infusionsoft Basics Bootcamp 2016 Techie Mentor Training
Have a question? Drop me a message!
Have a super day!